ividic

Beckhoff CX8090 + Weintek emt3070

2 posts in this topic

Hi to everybody. I'm beginner on Beckhoff so I'm having issues with connecting Beckhoff CX8090 and Weintek EMT3070a.

I'm trying to use Beckhoff TwinCAT PLC Free Tag names to get data from CX8090.  I have followed instructions in EasyBuilderPro which are pretty straightforward. On side of HMI I need to select proper settings which should be:

IP: 192.168.1.2, Port no.: 48898, ADS port: 801, AMS NetID: 192.168.1.2.1.1

I have succesfully imported all variables from my PLC program into the EasyBuilderPro. For testing I tried to create HMI just to see status of few inputs. I have no issues uploading program to HMI, but after startup I get message Device no response and communication is not working.

On side of Beckhoff I have settings like this:

AMS NetID: 192.168.1.2.1.1

Ethernet port X001: DHCP

Ethernet port X101/102: IP: 192.168.1.2  

I can access to CX using input ports X101/102 and also access to HMI through same connection. I have also tried to log on to windows CE on CX and tried to ping HMI and that also went ok. Also I have tried to add static route on TwinCAT to HMI with settings AMS NetID:192.168.1.3, IP:192.168.1.3 but again no connection. So physical connections are CX8090 X101 - > HMI, CX8090 X102 -> PC. From PC I can access both devices. I'm using TwinCAT 2.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

I have found solution for this. Problem was that I was using switched ports X101/102 for connection of HMI. I have just set fixed IP address on port X001 and everything worked without problems. I can now use Weintek Free tag names or absolute addressing driver without issues.