Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xsienix

Read PLC always in Ladder? + Hardware question

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Iám fairly new to Mitsubishi.

I have a Q-Cpu, PLC with a program that was written in SFC.
Now, with a blank GXWork2 environment, you can read the PLC, but that is always in ladder.
Why is this? Do i overlook something?

Also,

The rack is configured with two analogue cards, and some i/o.
When i do a 'read' command i suspect that the i/o configuration is also red, meaning that it's clear what hardware is in the rack and that the 'module' section in GX2 is filled with the appropriate hardware data. This is not the case. 

Why is this?

Thanks for help.

Hi xsienix,

Actually, when you create an SFC, a second program is created with the default name "MAIN1". When reading the PLC program, ensure that you select all the programs under "Program(Program File)" in the selection portion of the "Read from PLC" window.

Are you creating a program from zero to download to QPLC? If this is your case, did you confirm your SFC program is actually running? For a new created program on GX Works2 what may happen is that the program may not be download (written) to PLC in case you don't change the "Program Setting" in the GX Works2 navigation dock window (tree), "moving"/dragging your program from "No Execution Type" to "Scan Program". You must move your SFC program to the "Scan Program" if you want it to be downloaded and executed in the PLC.

About your second question, if the hardware is not configured under "Parameter" > "PLC Parameter" > "I/O Assignment", the CPU will work normally anyway as the CPU detects and assigns I/O addresses automatically in a sequence from the last CPU to rightmost side, starting from 0000 hex.

If you really want to read your actual I/O configuration installed, keep your PC connected to the PLC, go to "Parameter" > "PLC Parameter" > "I/O Assignment" and click the button "Read PLC Data" that is located right under the rack configuration group (rack grid) in the PLC Parameter window.

I hope it helps!

Thiago

Hi Thiago,

Thank you for your answers.
Very nice, thank you.

I did a modification in a SFC programm and wrote it to the plc. In the parameters there where no intelligent modules configured. the program is written to use those modules.
For learning purposes i red the plc, and the whole program was converted in ladder. I have my 2 modules that where installed. This i noticed in my parameter settings.

Now,

With writing to the SFC programm to the plc i was hoping that the plc now his hardware and i do not need to configure the intelli. modules.
I hope you understand it.

Hi Xsenix,

If I understand well your answer, your SFC program was converted to ladder, correct.... hmm, that's strange for a QPLC. I've seen this for another Mitsubishi PLC series called FX, when the SFC is actually converted to ladder using the so-called "STL" sequence (step ladder instructions). I know that the European version of GX Works2 has some differences with GX Works2 used in Japan and the Americas.... maybe this SFC conversion is one of the differences.

About the hardware: yes, you don't necessarily need to configure the Intelligent Function Modules to have your PLC hardware configuration up and running. The CPU detects the hardware automatically. You may use optionally the hardware configuration (via PLC Parameters > I/O assignment) and the Intelligent Function configuration if you want to explore intelligent function configuration mode.

BR!

Thiago