Milosh

Change password for Level

6 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I would like to know if there is possibility to change password for levels dynamically from PT.

Sample:

I want to change Level 1 password. Idea is to create button to access screen which show all levels and their passwords.

This button must have master level authorisation (one password which can't never changed from PT). 

Steps:

1. user click on button ALL PASSWORDS

2. user should enter master level password to open screen

3. screen opened, and show all levels and their passwords

4. user click on level 1 for example, and popup screen opens

5. user must enter new password twice, and confirm

6. new password for level 1 was saved.

Best regards,

MK

I don't know of a way to do this with CX Designer's built in password function.

I've seen this function many times and most will program their own in the PLC. You can use the Control Flag associated with most objects to Enable/Disable or Display/Hide.

Yes, that solution with Control flag is good, but I should implement password change part on PT. Is that possible with CX-Designer at all?

I found in manual (attached page), a way for changing password for NS15, but I didn't have PT to test it. Is this right way?

password_change.PNG

Edited by Milosh

It appears you may be able to change the Level dynamically. I have never used this function. Sorry I don't have more information. Hopefully another forum member can help. I don't believe you can change the actual password though. It may be possible but I don't know how.

Mr_PLC_CXD_Password.PNG.1a9351b9bf924c3b

I have only ever seen password changes done from the computer in Designer, not from the PT. I don't know that it is possible though I may be using a different version of the Designer system than you. This is where I have always done my passwords from:

This is the properties sheet of the object, Password Tab. Sorry, I know that's not what you were hoping for, but maybe IO_Rack is onto something there.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 3:28 AM, Milosh said:

Yes, that solution with Control flag is good, but I should implement password change part on PT. Is that possible with CX-Designer at all?

If you wish to store the password STRING in the PLC, then yes. You can change the STRING from the PT. You'll just need to use a String Display & Input object. You can also choose to display "*" for the input characters so that it works just like a typical password dialog.