ceilingwalker

Unable to connect CS1G

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an CS1G that I went online with a couple of weeks ago and uploaded the program. The other day the electrician killed power to the cabinet and it has been off for 2 days. I am no longer able to go online (RS232) with the CPU. Since the remote I/O module is no longer blinking I am fearing  that it poop'd its memory. I am trying to re-load the program however, it will no longer allow me to go online with the CPU to do so. I am assuming I might have to mess with the dip switches on the front, to put a new program in it?

Turn Pin 4 on

Rs232.jpg

Oh, the tech I talked to at Omron yesterday didn't mention turning switch 4 off, only turning switch 5 on, to use the 9-pin port instead of the peripheral port. I will try this. Also, do I use just the CN22-EU or do I need to use a second cable as well, like I did to upload from the NT630C? 

Also, is my assumption that the error LED is solid because of program loss to the CPU?

These are the errors that will turn the ERR indicator solid.

Fatal Error.jpg

What's odd is, I don't have any LED's on for my input module and my motion card LED isn't on. These are all powered by the backplane, correct? I would think that even if the CPU had issues, those should still be lit, since they are still attached to inputs?

Sounds like the I/O Table is missing.

This is going to sound like a very vague question but......could any of the wiring have been changed, that could do this? I have power to the Power supply (C200HW-PA204C). I have no drawings of any kind to compare with. They bought this old junk with no documentation of any kind. 

See post on PLCs.net