ES355

PanelView Plus 1000 ME Trend Data Log Path

5 posts in this topic

Hello - My question is it possible to use a USB stick [2 GB] with a PV plus 1000 and map the data files to it rather than the default or flash drive. I can load and run the .MER program fine from the USB stick drive but it will not store Trend historical data. I want to set up the path and have tried the Rockwell \storage card2\data\logs but that doesn't work so is there a drive letter such as d:\  and then the path? If I run the same ME program on my lap top I can add a path such as c:\temp and the it works fine.

Thanks H.M. 

FYI.

I figured it out  - It was to do with the Firmware Rev 5.0 - It only allows 300,000 data points not 1,000,000 in the data log trend set up. I have 67 tags in my model so to get trending on 1 tag/pen for 24 hrs I had to change my sample update to 20 seconds. 

I changed the data storage path to "default" as I couldn't get it to store to the USB stick but we now have  historic trending.

H.M.

5e1890ba4fafa_FT-ME-TrendChart.thumb.jpg

It should have worked with a custom path, as long as the path existed on the USB drive.

In my limited experience, though, if you use a filesystem path that can get disconnected, the Data Log will fail to reconnect.   That includes a networked drive that might get disconnected, or a removable media device that will get removed and reinserted.

I've use Batch scripting command files on removable media to grab the log files off a PV+;  that generally works correctly.

It's a long standing irritant to me that RA put such a weak and unreliable data logging subsystem into the PV+, and stopped putting effort into it once they got it minimally stable.

I was hoping Ken would chime in here. I managed to use the ActiveX control to log data to a USB flash drive, but it didn't take long for the flash drive to end up corrupted. At first, I used internal memory, but it filled up too fast. To get it to work the best, we would probably have to set up a ftp server that the HMI can get to and log to. That would eliminate a lot of the issues we saw.

Thanks for the replies. Most of our HMI's are PC's running RS32 and they are to upgraded to Factory Talk Studio 11 I believe. They are all on a SCADA WAN so could map data to a network drive. This PV+1000 is interfacing to platform 5000 processor in a 4 slot rack with a Ethernet comm card. The original platform 5 processor was pulled and replaced with a RIO module DH+ to the Logix processor. I am getting 24 hr trending now so Operations are happy.

HM