Vertex

Customer program opens in service edition

4 posts in this topic

I have a project to perform for a customer, I asked them to send me their program so I can perform the edits needed and then download them on shutdown day. Problem is the program they sent me keeps opening in service edition which i can't edit. I have professional edition running and have the correct version installed yet when I open their program it gives me the grace period message and only allows view. I have never run into this before, and I made sure the version he sent me wasn't sent from a service edition machine. Not sure what to do and feeling embarrassed that I can't seem to figure this out on my first project with customer. Any help would be appreciated.  

What version is this in? 

I had this issue when I installed version 16 for another project. What I would do is try and update your version of 16 to the most recent version.

Its version 17. I have every version up to 32 on my computer. Not sure why it is opening in service edition like I said. I verified that customer didnt send me file from a service version PC, and made sure they didnt have source code locks on, but can't seem to come up with solution. 

On 1/6/2020 at 0:44 PM, Vertex said:

Its version 17. I have every version up to 32 on my computer. Not sure why it is opening in service edition like I said. I verified that customer didnt send me file from a service version PC, and made sure they didnt have source code locks on, but can't seem to come up with solution. 

Understood. But version 16 has a few issues that effect other versions. If you do not have the latest version of 16, I would start there. I have seen version 16.0 do some weird things.