Patko

Question on Micrologix 1400 series b

5 posts in this topic

Firsts of all to make it clear I consider my self a novice at programming and controllers.  I was called to a costumer who has four machines that do identical work with same controller Micrologix 1400 processor 1769-l32 and panelview 1000 plus for hmi . The costumer wanted a small change in the code on all machines so my idea was since it is the same program to upload the program from one machine make the code change and reinstall it on all processors with their respective ip and node changes. I uploaded the program from machine #1 and made changes and downloaded the improved program back to machine #1 following the routine of putting the processor in program and run mode. Tested new code out and it worked fine so proceeded to machine #2 processor first uploaded the original program and then proceeded in to downloading the improved program from machine #1 in to machine #2 . Prior to downloading the program changed the Node number and ip address in the controller properties to match machine #2 and also changed the ip address in the channel configuration channel one. Proceeded to download the new code and got prompted just like a regular download in which I continued and after the download was complete I switched the processor from program to run mode and all was fine. I proceeded to do a power cycle for the setting to take place and now the controller will not power up. The led lights just briefly flicker when breaker is switch to on but that is about it.  I have not checked for power at controller but will be going back to it tomorrow and was wondering if I can get on advise on what can I check or do to the controller if power at controller is ok.

Wild guess here...Is the internal 24V power supply being used to power outputs?  My wild guess is you are overloading power supply which is dropping it out.  I would try removing all the wires but the power wire and see if it will stay on then.

Thank you for the advise will try that tomorrow and see if it helps. 

TWControls you were right on - found my what should have been 24volt feed voltage to the Controller only had 14vdc and fluctuating to 18 max. Loose wire on a control relay aux.contacts. Thank you again on your response-advise.

Glad you got it chased down. Those problems can be hard to find. Thanks for letting us know.