Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ctor

Fingerprint reader

9 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I would like to connect a fingerprint reader to a CJ2H. I want the reader to send to the PLC a diferent ID Code for every registered users. The most simple configuration would be using the built-in serial port of the CJ2. However, I have not found a good fingerprint reader with this interface. Do you know a good fingerprint reader with RS232?

Normally the fingerprint readers use Ethernet or USB. So, could you help me to kown how to implement it using ethernet? Is there any function similar to RXD but for Ethernet communications?

Thank you. 

I would look for an EtherNet/IP fingerprint reader.  That should be fairly easy to implement if such a thing exists.....a quick google search shows some promising options.

Could you send me those links? I don't find readers with EIP, I only found some chinese readers that, although in the announcement they say it includes "ethernet/IP", actually only include TCP/IP.

Thanks

I did not dig into it too far.  I just did a quick search and saw that some things came up.  If you went further and found that they were not real options, then you have done more research than I.  TCP/IP would work as well, it just would require a bit more programming work on the PLC side of things.  

Thank you.

Could you help me with that? I would know how to do it using the serial port, but I don't know how to do it with tcp/ip. Using sockets maybe? Could you show me the first steps? Any example of something similar? A manual?

Thanks again

I will look for some sample code.  Note that the built in ethernet port on a CJ2H does NOT support socket services.  You need to use the CJ1W-ETN21 in order to use socket services.  

Thank you Michael. 

Edited by Ctor