Wasan

How to connect Mitsubishi PLC with QJ71EIP71 and SICK FLEXI soft Ethernet/IP

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I have project to use PLC Mitsubishi Q03UDECPU with QJ71EIP71 to connect with SICK FLEXI soft Ethernet/IP (FX0-GENT00030). I have check both manual but when I turn on Y0 (communication start) there are error code F100h on my QJ71EIP71 and I check that it can only use with produce/consume tag from PLC (such as OMRON, Allen Bradley) but for SICK device it can use only for assembly instance. Then I have use Ethernet/IP scanner (Molex) to read attribute (service code 72h) then I can read status from SICK but as I told before QJ71EIP71 can only communicate with tag-based. Then I have to ask everyone that

1. Are there method that can use QJ71EIP71 to communicate by use Assembly Instance?

2. Could I set consume tag name on FLEXI soft Designer?

3. Are there any protocol gateway device that match with these solutions?

EIP_Config_05.jpg

EIP_Config_04.jpg

EIP_Config_03.jpg

EIP_Config_02.jpg

EIP_Config_01.jpg

Wasan,

As further as I know and use QJ71EIP71 module, it uses only Tag type EtherNet/IP communication. QJ71EIP71 doesn't even have a specific EDS file or where to declare Assemblies numbers for data transactions.

Every time I had to communicate a QPLC or FX with Sick FLEXI, I chose the Modbus/TCP option card from FLEXI and QJ71MT91 from the QPLC side.

I know this is not exactly what you wanted to hear but honestly, QJ71EIP71 is a trick module to work with, demanding tests in case of using it to communicate with other brands PLCs.

BTW, if you're going towards gateway solution, I've been using the ETH-1000 Millenium series from ICC and it works well. So that is the one I suggest to bind QPLC via its Ethernet SLMP port with EtherNet/IP network.  http://www.iccdesigns.com/millennium-series/10-eth-1000.html .

Thiago

Edited by Thiago Turcato

@Thiago Turcato Thank you for information. Now I use Proface Rear Module to act as protocol converter by communicate with SICK FLEXI (by ODVA Ethernet/IP driver and use Implicit message) then transfer data to PLC.

Good to know! Thanks for your reply!

BR,

Thiago