SolidRio

GOT and OPC

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Is it possible for GOT(for example 1695-X) to take data from MX OPC UA or DA? I havent found anything on that topic in manual, maybe someone have experience in that case. As far i know it possible to take data from GOT to OPC (OPC have driver for it), but i never tried it and i need opposite data flow :-).

The SoftGOT (which is your GOT project running on a Windows based computer) has an OPC UA driver 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

The SoftGOT (which is your GOT project running on a Windows based computer) has an OPC UA driver 

SoftGOT isn't the thing i needed, sadly.

I already have working project with FX3U-ENET and multiple GOT panels that occupied almost all of available Melsoft Connections. And i was thinking what if i would connect FX3U-ENET to OPC and then connect OPC to multiple GOT. Because of a lot of GOTs requests - module is working quite slow and with the idea i described before i want to solve that problem.

How many GOT do you have connected to 1 FX3U-ENET. and what is the delay time set in GT designer  ?

1 person likes this

On 16.12.2019 at 6:30 PM, Gambit said:

How many GOT do you have connected to 1 FX3U-ENET. and what is the delay time set in GT designer  ?

I have 2 cases. 

1. FX3U-ENET have 2 GOT (Melsoft Connection) + 2 SCADA connection (TCP/Unpassive/Send/Procedure exist(MC)/Disable/Confirm/Port Number). That case is working not that bad, latency is about 750ms-1.5s (I watching in channel diagnosis in WinCC, but latency in WinCC and on GOT almost same). Latency not that bad mostly because not huge amount of data sending. Delay time is not set in GT Designer (0 ms).

2. FX3U-ENET have 1 GOT (Melsoft Connection)+ 2 SCADA connection (TCP/Unpassive/Send/Procedure exist(MC)/Disable/Confirm/Port Number). That case pretty bad. Latency about 3-6s. There are a lot of data and soon will be another GOT (so another Melsoft connection). Delay time is not set in GT Designer (0 ms).

Right now plan to make MX OPC UA/DA (whatever) and put SCADA connection here. But i had idea to add GOT there too. But i am open to another solutions :-)

Wouldn't it be cheaper instead of buying an OPC server to exchange the FX3 for an FX5 ?

As for the GOT I would set a delay time to decrease the load from the GOT's and also give them different start-up times if they power up at the same time.
Does WinCC have a driver  diagnostic tool which shows you how many requests are made to the PLC ?

What is the current scan time of the PLC?

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper instead of buying an OPC server to exchange the FX3 for an FX5 ?

We already have OPC (i dont remember da or ua) that is working with other plcs, so thats why we want to use it.

59 minutes ago, Gambit said:

As for the GOT I would set a delay time to decrease the load from the GOT's and also give them different start-up times if they power up at the same time.

Delay time is a good advice. But i am not sure how different start-up time will help. As i imagine this, in a module there is something like "queue" on answer. So if there 2 requests at same time (like SCADA and GOT), so it will send data to one and then to another. And there will be no different if second request will come at the different time (for example in moment of sending data to first client). I may be wrong. And different start-up time hard to control i think. Because different GOTs start-up with different speed time to time.

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Does WinCC have a driver  diagnostic tool which shows you how many requests are made to the PLC ?

Yes it has Channel Diagnosis. Right know factory equipment at maintance, so there are not that much signals changing at the time, but i still tested it. At main screen (which have most of data on it) request number was - 23-25 at the time. 

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

What is the current scan time of the PLC?

I will repeat, that factory equipment at maintance, so there are not that much signals changing at the time and many steps is skipped in program, but result:

Actual Scan Time: 152.9 ms

Minimum Scan Time: 143.3 ms

Maximum Scan Time: 214.2 ms

But with all of this Channel Diagnosis shows me that latency about 6s (1 GOT, 2 SCADAs).

I will repeat test tommorow, when all equpment will be in work so maybe some of numbers will change.

The scan times are pretty high. I would also take a look at reducing the scan time.
For an FX3 this means reducing the active to and from instructions in the program.

Second maybe you can reduce the number of requests from Win CC.

Having just one one peripheral Like OPC connected to the FX should also be effective.

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Gambit said:

The scan times are pretty high. I would also take a look at reducing the scan time.
For an FX3 this means reducing the active to and from instructions in the program.

This plc controls a lot of equipment, but i will look into code to optimize something. And dumb question, how 150ms scan time helps create latency 3-6s on GOT/SCADA? As i understand it just +150ms to latency of getting data from PLC.

Second maybe you can reduce the number of requests from Win CC.

Yes, i am working on memory remapping (No bit data, and gathering requested data in same area of memory) to decrease number of requests from GOT and WinCC. And will optimize number of data on one screen.

Having just one one peripheral Like OPC connected to the FX should also be effective.

Yeah, but it leads to the first question of my topic about how to connect GOT and OPC :-D

Edited by SolidRio