Ctor

NS12 FW System Update Problem

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I am trying to update the firmware of a NS12-TS01B-V2. I have downloaded the RecoverUpdate_8_95.exe (and someothers) from the myomron website. I have followed the instrucctions PDF, but when I switch on the HMI with the Compact Flash inserted, nothing happens: the screen is dark and the led is lit orange (not blinking). 

The compact flash is 1GB (not omron) and formated using a CJ2. I have been using this card in OMRON PLCs and HMIs for years without problems. 
I read in other topic than I guy had similar problems and he solved it using other computer and other unzipper program. I have tried it, but it did not work. 
After that, I tried to update it using the DIP switches, but I got more problems, because I got a Warning first, and later an Error, because I forced the installation of the Firmware of the NS8 (BANK1) instead of the NS12. However, the other BANK folder contains the FW for the NS5... Anyway, I could fix this error because previously I did a backup of the already installed system (V7.0).

I would like to ask you to send me a BackUp of another NS12, using the "Manual Transfer", that should works. I need the 8.20 version or higher. 

Thanks a lot. 

My email is hector.moreno.lax@gmail.com

Do not format the card in anyway.  It uses a FAT12 format and comes when you buy the card. I suggest no larger than 256mb.

FAT 32?

Thank you.

Finally I used a notOMRON FAT16 256mb CF, and it worked. So I think "no larger than 256mb" was the key.