bwhinch

CompactLogix - Backingup/ Replacing Powerflex 525?

7 posts in this topic

I'm new to this generation of PLCs, CompactLogix. I'm trying to figure out how I can backup the parameters for Powerflex 525 inverters.

So far I've found out that if I am online and try to open one of the inverters (ethernet) it says Path Splicing - Failed to splice the path. However if I go offline I can see the parameters.

I'm just wondering in the even that we need to replace an inverter, is there a way to "push" the parameter information to the newly installed inverter? I don't see any obvious buttons for it, and I haven't had much luck Googling. I'm likely not phrasing my question well enough.. Ideas? Thanks,

How is your drive connected to your processor? Is it in your I/O tree? If it's set up in your Control Logix I/O tree you should just be able to double click on it and the properties box will pop up? You should also be able to connect to it with old "Drive executive" software provided it's connected to you network.

Yes it is in the I/O tree but I do not fully understand how the parameters are backed up. If I were to install a new drive, would it automatically "push" parameters?

I'll have to look into Drive Executive, I don't know if we have the software/license. Thanks,

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, bwhinch said:

Yes it is in the I/O tree but I do not fully understand how the parameters are backed up. If I were to install a new drive, would it automatically "push" parameters?

I'll have to look into Drive Executive, I don't know if we have the software/license. Thanks,

If you right click on the drive and then click on properties, under the drive tab there is an ADC menu. If you enable this it should push the parameters to the drive. I have never used the Automatic Device Configuration (ADC) before so I'm not sure how well it works. I always download to the drives and overloads manually. Watch CCST's posted link, this shows you how to get to the drive through Studio 5000. Drive executive should be a free download, doesn't need a license. This will drill down to the drive using the RSLinx Drivers. You should also be able to save a copy with this software.

Edited by Peter764
1 person likes this

Drive Executive software is no longer supported by Rockwell, they want you to use CCW(Connected Component Workbench).

You should still be able to get Drive Executive Lite and RSLinx Lite. Drive Executive Full is a paid product and usually comes with Drive Observer, the latest version of CCW (ver12 ) come with its version of trending, which can be configured offline.

RSlogix/Studio5000 used DE up to a certain version and now uses CCW (not sure when this changed).

Alan

1 person likes this