Yams

Mitsubishi iQ-F error led continuously blinking

11 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I'm unable to write to my plc (FX5U-80MT/ES). Error LED is continuously flashing. Gx Work3 diagnose tells me ''CPU File not found, ...''. I just don't know how to rewrite/reset the CPU File. I spent days to read a bunch of iQ-F manuals to find out, but no luck.

I'd appreciate any help to fix this issue.

1 person likes this

Thank you Nigher, I'll try this and let you know later.

I tried to initialize my FX5U as you described, unfortunately it didn't work out. The Error LED started blinking over and over as finished initialization. 
I'm just experimenting the FX5 series beside my daily works, can somebody tell me those plc are really reliable when compared to Siemens or AB? 

GX works3 diagnostics tell you there's an error, but doesn't tell you clearly how to fix it...the messages are misleading, and the manuals are bulky as bible...

15 hours ago, Yams said:

I tried to initialize my FX5U as you described, unfortunately it didn't work out. The Error LED started blinking over and over as finished initialization. 
I'm just experimenting the FX5 series beside my daily works, can somebody tell me those plc are really reliable when compared to Siemens or AB? 

GX works3 diagnostics tell you there's an error, but doesn't tell you clearly how to fix it...the messages are misleading, and the manuals are bulky as bible...

I have used all of the Plc,s mentioned and a lot of Mits FX, FX1, FX2 FX3 and FX5 and can only remember a Comms failure on a FX1 due to Technician error and a believe this has virtually been eliminated on the latest models, however stupid is as stupid does. As always I believe the manual is the key. Good luck and continue to post if you have specific questions.

What's the " Comms failure on a FX1 due to Technician error " you're talking about? And why you believe this "has virtually been eliminated on the latest models" ? I'm not talking about what you "believe", I'm talking about what you KNOW AS FACTS on FX5 series! So I will decide wether or not to switch on those models. If you don't know, please don't insult.

Edited by Yams

4 hours ago, Yams said:

What's the " Comms failure on a FX1 due to Technician error " you're talking about? And why you believe this "has virtually been eliminated on the latest models" ? I'm not talking about what you "believe", I'm talking about what you KNOW AS FACTS on FX5 series! So I will decide wether or not to switch on those models. If you don't know, please don't insult.

The fact is;

1 - RTFM 

2 - easy to use the E Manual Viewer...

This is brand new?

just get in contact with Mitsubishi representative at you area or from who you brought it. If is authorized dealer just tell the s/n and you get another one, easy, no secret.

After all you paid for GX3 and the hardware unit, right?

so at least you get support from Mitsubishi to replace it if its a defective product.

or buy something you understand at least AB or Siemens, you even don’t know the Mitsubishi series nomenclature, release date thats why you’re stuck

23 hours ago, Yams said:

@Yams I apologise if you took the comment "Stupid is as Stupid does" referred to you. I was referring to the technician who powered his laptop from a different phase to the supply to the PLC and the refered voltage difference damaged the Comms circuits. I know that from the FX3 onwards this Comms port issue does not occur as I have used a number of FX3 and FX5 with CCLink to AB drives with no problem. 

I agree with Copyleft your Mitsubishi representative would be a good starting point to enable a decision. I hope you are getting a good response to your questions. Please let us know how you resolve the error.

Edited by Cetronic

My problem appears to be fixed after I deleted plc data and reinstalled my software. I'm now able to write to plc and reset it, the Error LED turned off. I hope it won't come back:-)

@Cetronic, no problem!  I have to thank you for being intressed in my post. I'm here to learn from you about mitsubishi PLCs!

@Copyleft, thank you for having mentioned eManual Viewer. I was expecting something like that in order to make use of all of those manuals.

To answer your questions :

1. RTFM (to me is) : Read Safety related informations -> Read Installation and Wiring Guides ->  Quick Start <-> Troubleshooting 
  • When I connot find a direct connection between Quick Start and Troubleshooting, I feel missing something. For example , I couldn't make use of this warning message...mismatch.JPG.390fdf8db8b175c29e0db9a8475
  • I don't think the following Diagnostics(CPU) is really helpfull, since the only proposed corrective is "Write the project again". I'm used to jump from Error Code to details and corrections.

Capture.JPG.2a069a73b71cff777c0101e84434

2. Is this a brand new? Yeah, it is!5deefa4fe1044_IMG_20191209_2028595381.th

".... you even don’t know the Mitsubishi series nomenclature ...."

When I was in college back in 2008, I bought this book of John Ridley and helped me a lot. Even if I didn't have access to the actually hardware, I used the content on hardwares within my reach....

3 hours ago, Yams said:

My problem appears to be fixed after I deleted plc data and reinstalled my software. I'm now able to write to plc and reset it, the Error LED turned off. I hope it won't come back:-)

@Cetronic, no problem!  I have to thank you for being intressed in my post. I'm here to learn from you about mitsubishi PLCs!

@Copyleft, thank you for having mentioned eManual Viewer. I was expecting something like that in order to make use of all of those manuals.

1. RTFM (to me is) : Read Safety related informations -> Read Installation and Wiring Guides ->  Quick Start <-> Troubleshooting 
  • When I connot find a direct connection between Quick Start and Troubleshooting, I feel missing something. For example , I couldn't make use of this warning message...mismatch.JPG.390fdf8db8b175c29e0db9a8475
  • I don't think the following Diagnostics(CPU) is really helpfull, since the only proposed corrective is "Write the project again". I'm used to jump from Error Code to details and corrections.

When I was in college back in 2008, I bought this book of John Ridley and helped me a lot. Even if I didn't have access to the actually hardware, I used the content on hardwares within my reach....

I too have used John Ridley's book as a reference. The one issue I had related to an FX5 was the wrong version GXWorks2 and once updated I had to write a new project with the correct Eth Settings this probably not your issue. I don't have access to hardware and use GX works2 and IEC Developer.

i cut my teeth on Siemens S5 up to 155U hardware and associated components. I actually found the ability to write S5 Machine Language and function block capability much more versatile but hardware reliability the same. Mits is much more accepted and understood by maintenance staff.

Ray

5 hours ago, Yams said:

Your firmware is from 2016 , the latest firmware version is 1.201 released at 2019-11-15. Here in Japan when we buy take 4 days to receive and the date printed in the right side is from after 2 days you requested.

you can update your firmware using GXW3 if you have the last version or download it from MELSEC.

https://www.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/dl/fa/members/software/update/plcf/0000000051/fx5ucpu_1201.zip