Megoof

Using a AD041 and DA041

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm using a CJ2M CPU 33, and also a CJ1m Ad-041-V1 Analog Input and DA-041 Analog Output card.  I am using the Analog input to measure my current in my one heating application and  Ihave that reading and scaled correctly, but now  I want to use my Analog output to replace the Rheostat  we have in the system. I'm having some issues setting the range and getting voltage to vary. I also am a little new to Analog Outputs and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have attached my program here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Analog Heat.cxp

Edited by Megoof

Hi 

You need to start the card 2020.0 , 1, 2, 3 one bit pr channel.

Sorry my mistake you have already started the card, but the address for writing is 2021 unit no.2 ch.1

Banker 

Edited by banker

I see, but what about getting my voltage to output at say, 5 Volts? I can't get that to show up.

The resolution of the DA041 is 4000. Have you tried to move a static value into D20201? To get 5V, try MOV'ing &2000 or (#07D0) into D20201. After that, then you may troubleshoot the wiring.

Also, when changing any settings to the Unit Setup, be sure to cycle the power to the PLC. This is a 'gotcha' for many people, including the veterans of this sport.