Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djoey

PowerFlex 40-E AC Drive via 22 COMM-E

5 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

i have an issue with my powerFlex40; it's getting the F081 sometimes after a start. I have 4 pf40 and they are almost configured the same way and this working like this for years. the 4 pf are wired in the same way that when an emergency stop is pushed they are all powered off(400V); after acknowledging the e-stop they all start normally but that one brings sometimes(not always) the F081: Comm Loss. I can even not reproduce the issue because it is not happening every time. 

Any Ideas what it could be? the network cable of the pf goes to a switch (all the 4 pf are connected on that switch) and from the switch to a 1794-AENT Ethernet adapter.

There aren't many components in the communications string. I would swap the patch cables between 2 of the drives first, then try swapping the COMM-E modules (don't forget to reconfigure their IP addresses).

There are folks on here who have used Wireshark to capture packets to analyze, but I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to help you with that.

Here's a tech note (access level: everyone, you need at least a free account) that discusses F081:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/518701

It talks about a few other things, like proper grounding.

Hi,

thanks Joe for your answer. I have finally find out what was wrong and i even could reproduce the error. In the pf you have a communication card und this one is  connected with the pf through a kind of flat ribbon cable. On the pf connected-side was a kind of loose contact.

I have change the communication card first, nothing. Then i changed the flat ribbon cable, i still had the error. And then i found out that loose contact on the pf side.

Solution: i changed the pf with an other one and now it is working properly

Edited by djoey

That's awesome, thanks for following up! Was the connector loose on the board or was the ribbon cable a loose fit in the connector?

thy, it was the connector loose on the board.