Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitryan

GS2107-WTBD HMI Problem

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i cannot confirm if my HMI is already dead or not.

History:

Upon machine startup the HMI fail to display anything (black screen), the partner PLC is functioning ok. Supply to the HMI is also good, after few hours of not doing anything the display finally emerge. The HMI runs for about 2days and now its completely not displaying anything. I tried connecting my computer and runs GT designer 3 to check if i can communicate / download the HMI program, unfortunately i got an error communication message which i did not get before when it is completely fine. Green light at the back of the HMI on the 100M is observe to be functioning and random green light flicker under SD/RD. Is my HMI already dead? Inputs are much appreciated, thank you!

GS2107-WTBD.jpg

GT Designer 3.jpg

I think you have answered your own question.

These screens do not like humid or corrosive atmospheres

Especially if the panel door is left open for long periods.

Crud may have built up around the pins of the chips and be shorting them

It wouldn't harm to open it up and give it a clean.

Look at the screws holding the hmi in place - they are corroded.

2 people like this

Hi thanks for the reply, The environment that the panel is located is quite humid but i check the max %RH that the machine can function and it can function upto 90%RH, using a handheld hygrometer, the device only reads 50-60%RH. I also notice that the HMI has no grounding, only the 2 input power, does it has a bearing? My PLC has a proper grounding. Anyway thank you for the input.