Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Display Decimal values NB Screen

4 posts in this topic

hello,

I am using a CJ2M in conjunction with a NB 7W HMI Screen in order to set servo positioning and velocity etc. I am struggling to replicate the positioning data in decimal from the PLC to the screen. The function Number Display will show Hex value but not decimal. The operators need to set a stroke value on the screen. I can do this with an NS Screen but am struggling with NB.

Any help apprechiated.

Peter

5dbb082e53688_NBNumberformat.jpg.0716e3f

Set the storage format on the Numeric Data tab to Signed integer.  Also pay attention to the data length.  Usually position data is a Double Word.   Of course you need to tell it the number of integer positions and decimal positions as well as Min/Max display values.  

Many Thanks Michael I was on the right track but I now have a reading on NB screen in decimal. Not sure about the scaling on the NB though? The explanation is typical Omron. Basically I want to display a positional move in my so my position input is 320 mm but the screen reads 32000. The servo does move 320 mm but not sure how to scale the reading so that I could be more accurate. Eg 320.5 mm.

It is simple.  Just change the number of decimals:

5dc0daada8eb2_deddisp.jpg.bfb831b4030cfb

If the address has 32000 in it, it will display 320.00 if the settings above are made.