Scotttin

GX Works 3 Recipe

6 posts in this topic

Hi all

I'm trying to incorporate a recipe system into my plc program. I've been through the sample which I s great help but my question is this. How many devices can be controlled using a recipe? from the looks of it I can only control 3 devices but I'm looking to control about 6. Thanks in advance for any information folks.

Which example are you looking at? The Recipe in the demo project already contains 44 devices.

Fun_E001.zip

oops sorry you are talking about the recipe in the PLC.  That was for the HMI/ GOT
Maybe you can share your sample

Edited by Gambit

No sorry I meant the GOT. I'm trying to have the recipe change a series of k values of different timers. I was assuming GD60140 to GD60142 would be the devices as shown in the sample Item 1,2 or 3. Sorry still learning.

GD means a Got Dataregister. Zo this is a local Device.

So in your case just create a timer but use a Dataregister instead of a hard K-value.

So instead of T0 K100 use T0 D10. Then D10 can be changed from the GOT. 

2 people like this

Thanks for your input, it's helped me understand it a bit better. I've set up my recipe using D's now. So for instance I have cocktail mixing recipes for different cocktails all being made to a litre, what if however I only wanted to make say 400mls using one of the recipes. Is it better to calculate this out in the HMI or send the 1000ml recipe to the plc and calculate it out there?

Hmm i think that woud be preference. I would do it in the HMI.