Milosh

Communication between Omron CJ plc and Festo cpx, or with another Omron CJ

14 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Is there any possibility to make communication (data exchange) between Omron CJ plc and Festo CPX?!

If no, how to make data exchange between two Omron CJ plcs?!

Thanks in advance.

Festo CPX seems to have many communications protocols including Interbus, DeviceNet, Profibus DP, CAN open, CC-Link, Profinet IO, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, EtherCAT, Sercos, Powerlink, CodeSys.

Omron, depending upon CPU type has many options for several of the types listed above.

1 person likes this

Just now, pcmccartney1 said:

Festo CPX seems to have many communications protocols including Interbus, DeviceNet, Profibus DP, CAN open, CC-Link, Profinet IO, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, EtherCAT, Sercos, Powerlink, CodeSys.

Omron, depending upon CPU type has many options for several of the types listed above.

In this moment I know that omron plc is cs1m.

1. What is the best protocol (easiest way) to make communication between omron and festo?

2. One solution of my project is to change festo and put one more omron cj1m plc. What is situation here? Which method of communication is the easiest to configure?!

No easy way to answer your question.  What is the CPX doing?  Ho wis it being used?  Solenoid valve bank, digital and/or analog inputs and outputs?

Most of the power users of Omron seem to like EtherNet/IP.

In a worst case scenario, you could always just add additional IO Modules and hardwiring the exchange.

Not only digital signals, it should to exchange some float setpoint, measurements etc.

Ok, I will try to find some code samples for ethernet ip and modbus tcp.

What about two omron plcs, is there also best solution to use eth. ip?!

Where I can gind some basic samples omron plc-plc communication?

Hi again.

What about controller link, is that possible to make data links between two cj1m controllers?!

Yes but getting old now. Easier to use 2 x CJ2M-CPU31 and Ethernet between them.

Ok, but in the best case i Will have 2 CJ1M plcs.

Is there any example of data links between two cpus?!

Do I need CLK modules for this type of communication!?

8 hours ago, BobB said:

Yes but getting old now. Easier to use 2 x CJ2M-CPU31 and Ethernet between them.

How to make ethernet data exchange?!

Use Network Configurator - a part of CX-One.

2 hours ago, BobB said:

Use Network Configurator - a part of CX-One.

Ok, I understand, but do I need additional modules, or it can be done via built in ethernet port?! 

Do I need to make plc program and use special instructions to make data exchange, or it can be done by configuring data links?!

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Milosh

No - built in Ethernet port. Just configure the data links. Say 10 CIO words each way starting at channel 600. 600-609 will be with IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.1 and 610-619 will be with IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.2. I use the default - 192.168.250.1 and 192.168.250.2.

Ok, I understand.

You mean to use CJ2M CPUs with built-in ethernet port. But definitely, Network configurator will be used to configure Ethernet/IP data links.

So, if I have two CJ1M-CPU11-ETH cpus, I should to add EIP modules on both cpu sides?! Right?

You can - I would just replace the processors with CJ2M-CPU31 - probably cheaper and the CJ1M is getting older now. You would need CJ1W-EIP21 cards.

They are needed on a big network due to the amount of data they can transmit but the EIP module in the CJ2M processor is fine for what you require.

1 person likes this