Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WattUp

HMI Button with several actions... some actions did not happen?

6 posts in this topic

This button performs the 8 actions when pushed. 

Has anyone ever had an issue where some actions were not triggered? 

This system has been running for years, but Tuesday we had an issue where only the first 2 actions happened, but the remaining ones did not.

ButtonActions.JPG

Darn near impossible to answer.  Who's software platform?  What version?  Is it an application loaded or compiled and sent to a industrial touchscreen or PC base application?  What is it talking to?  Did you check the code in the PLC to see if it has permissive logic preventing the HMI from changing the addressing?

8 minutes ago, pcmccartney1 said:

Darn near impossible to answer.  Who's software platform?  What version?  Is it an application loaded or compiled and sent to a industrial touchscreen or PC base application?  What is it talking to?  Did you check the code in the PLC to see if it has permissive logic preventing the HMI from changing the addressing?

Its a GOT2000 and Q03UDE PLC

I'm not sure what you mean about permissive logic.. But like I said, this system has been running & working for years.

Is it possible that the PLC scan 'missed' those momentary triggers? 

I mean, check your PLC code to see if it is also writing to those addresses (bits).  The HMI might be working fine and the PLC is simply overwriting those same bits in the next scan of the ladder.

The Bits that are SET by this button are reset by the PLC on a up-pulse only.  These functioned correctly at the time of the issue. 

All the momentary bits shown are only on the HMI, and none controlled by the PLC at all. 

These were supposed to break latched sequences such as this one shown here.  This is what did not work as expected.  But they have worked every other time before, and since without issue. 

PLCLogicEx.JPG

Well, not sure what to say.  Maybe the object has become corrupt.  Try creating (not copying) a new object with all the various actions required and downloading to the HMI and testing the new object to see if the actions behave correctly.  Short of that, you might want to post both your PLC and HMI programs for a true Mitsubishi expert (I'm not one) to look at.