Colt3825

Micro850

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum but not new to plcs, I’ve used other models of Allen-Bradley’s as well as Siemens and this simple program has me stuck. 

I am using the AB Micro850-2080-LC50-24QWB controller with an analog card- 2080-IF2. 
what I am wanting to do is simulate an alarm system for an analyzer shelter. This is pretty simple, Press the test PB AND 3 LEDs come on as well as a strobe light. The strobe is simulating a horn. The second part is, I am using an analog signal generator, at 12mA or more, the second set of 3 LEDs and the strobe will come on. Pressing the reset button will reset the LEDs and pressing the Horn acknowledge button will deenergize the strobe. However, I am stuck on getting the strobe to deactivate while the signal generator is at or above 12 mA, and yes I want to be able to de-activate the strobe while the signal generator is still activating this output. I think I should be using the LIM_ALRM function within the program but I am not sure. Can anyone tell me is it possible to make this condition or should I use the function? Thanks!

Are you using function block diagrams?

No, just standard ladder logic. I found a solution to this tho, I made the condition where when the signal generator reaches 12mA, the output bit is a one shot rising pulse. That solved everything. I knew it was something simple