gnzDiego

Measuring with Plc

11 posts in this topic

Hello, i´m a new in omon PLC , I would learning about measuring with encoder.
I have a plc cp1l and a encoder of 1000 pulses, I want make a reading of position and speed.
The encoder are coupled  in a roller,this roller there is the 900mm of diameter, so the conveyour move the piece under the roller.
While  the piece pass in the roller, the plc should make the calculins  about size of piece and your speed.
I would learning about how make the program,  the requisition of program is make  the reading about linear desplacement and speed.
Remembering the encoder are acouple in roller and this roller  make  touch  in the  piece.( I have a axis with motor for pass the piece and the roller is only for measure).
Please, i ned help about this,thanks 

W462 CP1L CPU Unit Operation Manual, Section 5 Pulse and Counter Functions will explain in detail how to wire the unit and setup for encoder operation. They even have some examples for programming.

Please review this section then come back with questions. Many here will be happy to help you.

Added note:- To measure speed I recommend using the PRV2(881) instruction. Just be certain to use high-speed counter 0 for your encoder input as PRV2 only works with this input.

Also reference this link. Though for a CJ PLC same principles apply. Very useful!

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/files/file/268-cj1m-motion-and-interupts-quickstart/

Edited by BITS N BYTES
Added info

9 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

O Manual de Operação da Unidade da CPU W462 CP1L, Seção 5, Funções de Pulso e Contador, explicará em detalhes como conectar a unidade e configurar a operação do codificador. Eles ainda têm alguns exemplos de programação.

Revise esta seção e volte com perguntas. Muitos aqui terão prazer em ajudá-lo.

Hi, thanks .

I will review the program!!

I made a schedule for a metal profile cutting machine. In this machine there is a driving belt that takes the piece to the saw to cut.
The operator enters the screen with the size value of the part they want to cut in the saw.
Then the machine takes the piece counting the size and when it reaches the desired value the belt stops and has it cut.
the encoder is coupled to one of the rollers that plays the part, i'm using a plc cp1l and 1024 pulse encoder.
I would like to know how I calculate the part size (linear displacement). Can I send someone the program I did to review?
Does anyone have an example of this programming?

Do you have the encoder wired?

Do you see pulses in the PLC?

Have you done any programming, (working or not working)? If so, can you post your program?

the encoder is coupled to one of the rollers that plays the part,

What is the diameter of the roller?

Diameter * 3.14 = circumference of the roller

Circumerfence / 1024 = distance per pulse.

He said the diameter was 900mm.  That sounds very large to me....

Also, depending upon the setup of the counter, it may be counting 4:1 (quadrature), so you may need to use 4096 for the counts per rev.  Turn the roller 1 time and see how many counts you see in the PLC.

900 mm = 34.4 inches ?

I agree with you Mike, it could be times 4 for quadrature.

I'd better post the program, but I don't know how to do it here. I'm new to the forum.

the roll is 90 mm sorry

When you open a reply, this will be at the bottom.

Click on choose files and a Windows explore window will open.  Just choose the file and then push the Upload button.

Reply_mrplc.jpg