Shoaib

Compactlogix L32e IP Address

8 posts in this topic

I want to assign IP to L32e through BOOTP. when i enter IP and press Disable DHCP, after some moments it shows error "failed to complete the request operation"

can anyone help please

waiting

I've found it's not at all unusual for the BOOTP utility to set the IP address but fail to disable DHCP. What I normally do in that case is set the IP address, then find the device in RSLinx. Right-click on it and select "Module Configuration". On the"Port Configuration" tab, select "Manually configure IP Settings".

Dear Joe E.

Static IP address is already selected in Port Configuration. But it is not accepting the IP address. When press Disable DHCP show the error , please see the attached file.

error.PNG

Ah, ok. If it's already set to static, I don't think you can change it using BOOTP. And DHCP is already disabled, so I think that request should fail. In  your screenshot, it looks like you can see the current IP address, which greatly simplifies things. You can change the IP address from RSLinx Classic or from within Studio 5000.

Within RSLinx, right-click on the PLC and select "Module Configuration". On the "Port Configuration" tab, you can set/change the IP address and set it to static or dynamic.

Within Studio 5000 (online with the PLC), at the top of the project tree, right-click on the CPU and select "Properties". Go to the "Internet Protocol" tab and set/change the IP address.

when I try to access L32e via Ethernet then it is not appeared in RSLogix.

If I select serial port, then it is shown in RSLogix. and from there I have changed the IP address but when I remove serial cable and try to connect L32e via Ethernet it is not shown in RSlogix.

Please help

Which Ethernet driver are you using AB-ETH-IP or AB-ETH.

If using AB-ETH, then type the L32E's IP address in the configuration box and then set your laptop to 192.168.10.x (just not the same as the L32E) and RSLinx Classic should see it.

Are you able to ping the L32E from your laptop?

Alan

2 hours ago, alan_505 said:

Which Ethernet driver are you using AB-ETH-IP or AB-ETH.

If using AB-ETH, then type the L32E's IP address in the configuration box and then set your laptop to 192.168.10.x (just not the same as the L32E) and RSLinx Classic should see it.

Are you able to ping the L32E from your laptop?

Alan

We've had a lot of trouble with the Ethernet/IP driver working. Something has been done by our IT department with our network and security settings that causes the Ethernet/IP driver to never find devices, even when directly connected to the laptop. We always use the Ethernet Devices driver where we manually enter the IP addresses of the devices.

We generally use the Ethernet driver (not E/IP) and simply add :EIP to each address.  This effectively turns the Ethernet Driver into a E/IP Driver.  The addition of the ":EIP" restricts the ports to those famous ones for CIP and TCP.

To be honest, I rarely use the BootP.  I would rather connect via DF1 and change the IP settings from within RSLinx.

Edited by pcmccartney1