Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CCST

POWERFLEX 40

8 posts in this topic

Hello every one looking for some guidance here we are trying to set up a driver 

(powerflex 40) to run it either from a HMI wich we would like to call local and our PLC system wich will be remote

I'm kind of confused between the parameters we are using just a single switch to change it between local/remote  

any help will be appreciated  

Is the HMI connected to the PLC? If so, have the PLC handle it all. Either in "manual" based on inputs from the HMI or in "auto" based on whatever you're thinking of having the PLC do it. The switch can be either a software switch or selector on the HMI or a physical switch wired to a PLC input.

Hi joe thank you for the response and no the HMI is not connected to the PLC all we want is to use a physical switch

to select either HMI or PLC for start and speed reference not sure if I have to use the digital inputs on the DRIVER

What HMI is it? There are some that can handle a few I/O points, but most of them don't have physical I/O and need to be connected to a PLC to interact with the real world.

If your PLC controls a  relay, and your HMI controls another relay, your selector switch can control which one controls the drive:HMI-PLC_DriveControl.thumb.PNG.fcba7c230

Joe actually it is a 4-class HIM (DSI)

HMI.png

it is connected to the driver 

As a starting point, look at parameters A051-054. They select what the digital inputs do. It looks like Digital Input 3 defaults to "Local", which sets the local keypad (or your HIM) as the start command source. Your selector switch would then turn on digital input 3. If the switch is not closed (DI3 is off), then other starting means would take precedence.

I've never done this, so you'll want to test whatever you do to make sure it works. There's also a flow chart in the user manual that may help you out.

Edited by Joe E.