3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am an electrical engineering student and I am looking for some software to program some GE 90-30s I've acquired.

I received the PLCs from a mentor at my internship after the summer was over. I have somewhere between 7-8 of them with a bunch of cards and other accessories. I was hoping to start doing some projects on my own to study them, but unfortunately, I don't have any software to program them.

I have some files for Logicmaster from the company directory that I was given permission to copy, but it won't run in any compatibility mode.

Does anybody know where I could find another copy of the software or a download for something like versapro or proficy machine edition for a student? Even if I have to pay a discounted price, I would, I just want to learn programming basics.

Either you or someone from your school should contact the local distributor for GE PLCs. They may be willing to give you a distribution CD for Proficy Machine Edition. When you first install Proficy it will run for four days unlicensed but otherwise fully functional. After four days you can uninstall/reinstall to reset the four-day clock.

You could try running Logicmaster under a DOS emulator like DOSBox. My personal experience is that your best bet would be to run it on a computer that has a real serial port. I have not had good luck maintaining communications between Logicmaster and the PLC when going through a USB/serial converter. The same converter has no problems when using Proficy.

1 person likes this

Get an old laptop with an RS-232 port.  I don't believe Proficy ME is compatible with all 90-30's.  I have had to use the LM90.exe DOS software for some of the older models.  If you want to try Proficy I could give you an iso for an old version so you can see if it works.  You will also need an equivalent cable to the GE-Fanuc AS693232SNP.