Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Poykim

1783-ETAP

3 posts in this topic

Hi, can someone explain to me the

function,purpose and use of ETAP?

thank you

ETAP stands for Electrical Transient Analyser Program.

Before ETAP software the power systems are analysed with the help of computer  languages like C-progranming and after that python is also used for the purpose  of analysis but this would take long time and not suitable for large power systems.

Founded in the year: 1986.

Founder:FARROKH SHOKOOH.

It is a software where we can do modelling and analysing of Electrical  Power systems.

ETAP files will have an extension of .OTI

OTI stands for Operation Technology Inc

FUNCTIONS: Includes performing AC-DC load flow analysis or Power flow analysis, AC-DCShort circuit analysis, Arc Flash Analysis, Harmonic  analysis, Motor Acceleration analysis, Transient Analysis, protective device Co-ordination, Reliability studies and optimal power flow analysis.

Purpose of ETAP: Suppose if u want to build  a new power system network for that system you should do all the analysis which had mentioned in the functions part to reduce the losses in the system and also to protect the system  from short circuits etc this analysis will help you to build a power system which is highly efficient and safe.

USES: We can connect the ETAP with a real time system and also by interfacing with SCADA systems we can control a power systems accurately.

Hi,

I've seen the 1783-ETAP being used to insert devices with only one Ethernet port into a Ring network topology.

Not sure but I think it can be used to insert a device that doesn't support time stamp protocol into a network running CIP with Time Stamping.

Bye