noorloai

RedLion CR300010 Raw TCP/IP Communication

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Recently, we have upgraded G3 RedLion HMI to CR300010 and migrated the G3 database crimson 2.0 to Crimson 3.1

Currently I am testing CR300010 and I am facing an issue with communicating CR300010 with the third party through RAW TCP/IP 

I have two ports one set as Raw TCP/IP Active and the second one set to RAW TCP/IP Passive please see the attachment

Currently, the HMI Received data fine from the third-part ( server Pc) however, when trying to send message to the third party, the third-party doesn't seem it receive anything.

The same program works fine with G3 HMI. 

Are there any differences between portprint() command in crimson 2.0 and crimson 3.1?

Can someone guide me through how can I confirm that both systems are communicating? how can I investigate this issue further?.

I could ping the IP address for both systems from my pc which is connecting to the same network switch. 

Appreciate your support in advance

1.jpg

2.jpg

I've had some issues with the 3.1 and it's "widgets". 

Have you been able to verify the connection is operational using a modbus emulator? Do you still have the 2.0 version in operations?

Have you tried to do the same programming in version 3.0? 

Red Lion support has been very helpful and suggest you might reach them.

John

Hi, 

Well , I still have the old HMI with crimson 2 and it works totally fine. however for some reason same program in crimsion 3.1 with Cr300010 not working as expected.

CR300010 only support crimson 3.1 software. So i didn't test 3.0 version on machine.

how can I use that "Have you been able to verify the connection is operational using a modbus emulator? " Iam not sure how to use that can you advice me? 

The issue that I am facing is writing to pc over Raw TCP/IP protocol. Redlion CR300010 can receive data from pc however can not send data back. 

I have debugged my code using web server and Windows online tools and found my code is executing, however i couldn't see what i am sending to pc.

i couldn't find a way to monitor the string data type that i am send.

what could be the issue? its same code exactly in crimson 2.0. same Ip address and subnet mask. is there any suggestion that i should do to help me discover the root cause of this issue ?? 

thanks

Edited by noorloai

I've taken my "widgets" from version 3.0 and exported them into 3.1 with great success. 

I'm not thinking its the same issue your having. Red Lion support involved?

This issue been solved by using PortPrintEX() function instead of PortPrint() to write to the third party and it fixed the issue.

Thanks for the posting.

I've noted the move from 3.0 to 3.1 has brought some challenges for sure. I recently had a large project updating some screens to the AB Logix "Enhanced" tag driver. Appears to be much faster to load my screens. 

Always learning...