Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerrycat

E-600 Emailing

6 posts in this topic

i have connect an E-600 terminal with an FX2n PLC. the E-600 is configure with an ETTp ethernet card. The E-600 is program to send mail to my PC when ever an alarm occur in the system or process that is being control by the PLC. i can dowload program from my PC to the terminal through our LAN. The only thing that is not working is that the terminal is not sending mail at all. even if i try to send mail manually from the terminal to the prdefine adresses is not working. can anyone help me out

Can you give some detail of the setup you have used in the E600 such as the port configuration, network details, block detail, etc.?

Have you looked at Beijers e-terminal.com site? There you will find Start-up Documents covering a range of topics that includes "Sending e-mails from the terminal via Ethernet". This gives considerable detail of the settings that you need to make to carry out this function. Some are easily overlooked. Work through it checking your configuration with particular regard to the SMPT settings and it should all spring into action.

I HAVE BEEN THROUGH ALL THE STARTUP dOCUMENTS, i have contacted beijers already and they have told me that they had a similar problem more then once with the e-615. they told me that the problem was corrected by using a higher version of E-designer. i have uploaded that version but i have not had the change to test is it out because my E-600 is now out of order, i have already order a new one , i will let you all know how it works when i test it out.

I have tested that E-mail functions without any problems. Terminal was E700 ver 6.10 and Designer 6.10 I think. It wasn the latest version. You seems to be avare to jump to page 993, Manual e-mail-page. Do not forget to enable SMTP Setup=>Network=>Services. Edit those settings, You'll need server port (mine 25), Mail server address, Your domain name and your email-address (terminal email-address). You probably use TCPIP 1-connection and of course recipients. I think you also have to type DNS-servers to TCP/IP-peripheral window. Get anything?

I went through this same exercise. You will need your DNS and default gateway. At DOS prompt do ipconfig /all to gather this info.