BacelL

cx programmer assign adress

11 posts in this topic

hello

I am new in Omron PLC, I am using CX Programmer and I need your help , I have to mount a sensor and I need PLC condition so that I can attached it to the program, but I dont know how to do this.Linked to the Omron PLC there are 4 murr I\O cards.My free space is on murr card nr 4 , the empty space is on X3 ,and the wire I have to connect in 03

So , my question , In cx programmer after I put in the signal wire from the senzor , and I have signal , how do I assign the adress so yhat I could have open\close signal visible  in cx programmer and then to assign it to the program lines

I attached the photos with what I have , my basic training starts only in 2 months and I have to do this now

If there is anything that I can attach , if someone can help me and needs more info I am willing to

thank you

1.1.jpg

2.2.jpg

3.3.jpg

How are the Murr modules connected?  EtherNet/IP? 

Well, first you have to configure it to connect via EtherNet/IP.  You can choose what addresses are used during that process.  

There are quite a few resources online that you can use to help you with this.  Here is a video on youtube that shows how to do it with a Festo product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5y6lAU8OsM

You can ignore all the Festo stuff and just install the proper EDS file for the Murr modules.  And follow the video for the rest of the setup.  

It is already configured , its a end of line test machine , already working with a lot of sensors and etc. I just need to configure a new input for a new sensor ,what I need is to know how to count the inputs and on the adress in cx programmer to assign corectly the new adress so the murr can take it and the omron plc can give me a live and good signal when I insert a NO or a NC command

so in carte D I have I.D.0 .... I.D.2 , and i need.to assign my new wire in I.D.3 

in cx programmer I have on adresses assigned D732 , 103 , H135 etc . I dont know in this new input that I want to use how I need to write so the omron plc cand give me a live 1/0 signal that I can use

tomorow I will attach a new pic with what I mean , with what I should write

so , I connect my wire in 03 free space on murr. what I need to write in adress or value (like the image) so that I could have a 1/0 signal visible in my program and I could use it

IMG_20190910_084857.jpg

This is no where near enough information.  What address does input 00, 01, 02 or 04 use?  That would help.  It could be almost any address in the PLC as the memory area is chosen when configuring EtherNet/IP.  One thing is for sure, it will be in the same word as the other input bits near it. 

If you don't know the addresses of the other input bits, you can use Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP (in CX-One start menu) to upload the network configuration and post it here.  It has an .nvf extension.  

If you do this, however, we will also need to know specifics on the Murr block.  Part number, configuration (if there are modules, in what order are they installed, etc.).

I know . Tomorow I will have the machine for a couple of hours , I will find the signal near what I need to use and see how it is declared, then I will see from there