Michael Lloyd

Hope this gets fixed soon

12 posts in this topic

It's getting a bit tedious to have to delete a wad of 10 or 15 emails when the wingnuts attack. Surely there's a way to stop the trash from piling up. I could turn my email off but there wouldn't be much use in being a member here if I did that.

I use these settings and I haven't received any spam mails from MrPLC. I receive only notifications to posts I have posted in. Mr_PLC_EmailSettings.PNG.191dc3742cf493e

I subscribe to the Allen Bradley forum so I can see new posts as well anything I put there. If I only subscribe to my posts eventually there won’t be any.

yup, you are the target of most attacks. i do my share to check and block but who ever is doing this is apparently not giving up. don't want spammers to start wrecking havoc by reporting posts too but if the post is flagged by any long time member,  should be hidden right away to avoid repeat reports. we are stepping on our own foot with every spam post. report feature just multiplies the headache.

1 person likes this

If I get a notification from Mr PLC I’m usually on within 30s or so to mark it. I’m not sure how I’m the target when it’s a post in the AB forum

Here we go again...

and there need to be a better way to delete all content from some spammer. this is just brutally inefficient, one has to do several clicks and load different pages just to delete single post. i just removed 13-posts from one spammer account and it took waaaaay too many clicks....

Would it be better for you admins if we stopped reporting spam posts?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Joe E. said:

Would it be better for you admins if we stopped reporting spam posts?

I only flagged one last night but if that causes problems I'm fine with deleting the 10 or 12 emails that come in.

right now if 10 people report one post, 10 notification emails are sent. that is a lot of notifications for one post. don't need more than one. (option for improvement #1)

so in my email i setup rule to divert all MrPLC alerts to a separate box. this makes selecting and deleting easy.

but on MrPLC forum, things are harder. there is no way to select bunch of messages and say delete all. and delete option may need navigating to another page. then come back to deal with next message of same spammer. this part could be a bit more efficient... (option for improvement #2)

That's a bummer. I figured that deleting the offending poster's account would dump his/her/it's "contributions".

Nice sig line

well... maybe it does hide them for average user but as admin i see the posts and they are still clutter for me. also i think that unless they are deleted, they still show up as quick links at the front page.

hehe, i always smiled at your signature. guess we shared a lot of steps gaining experience.... :-D