HMI.JR

GT Designer Script Help

8 posts in this topic

New to GT Designer and editing an existing project. When you're on the HMI and press the "SET" button a window display comes up. In GT Designer when i select window preview, then select all the overlay windows nothing appears (also chose super impose window). I think this window comes up through the screen script function. My question is how to move the window that is displayed when you select the "SET" button. Do you move it in the script? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Bit Switch.PNG

Script.PNG

Screen Switch.PNG

HMI Set.jpg

object => windows position then select the window which in you're case overlap 1

Thanks @gambit i tried that but ten key window does not move after writing the program back to the GOT. I tried different positions of the overlap 1, and tried key window and super impose but all would not change position of the ten key window. Also double checked call up window for ten key was correct.

Oh Sorry just noticed that GD5001 and GD5002 are used as the X Y positions for the window

Yes i thought that is what that meant. i have never positioned a window that way. (I am obvisously editting someone else's program) Can i change those values in order to move the window where i want? and is that done in the =script > screen > edit script?

Just now, HMI.JR said:

Yes i thought that is what that meant. i have never positioned a window that way. (I am obvisously editting someone else's program) Can i change those values in order to move the window where i want? and is that done in the =script > screen > edit script?

Yes exactly. According to the script  it's getting them from some D1111 and D1112 right now

Ok great, thank you so much for your help @Gambit One last question for you though. The scrip is written 

[w:GD5000] = [d16:D1111];    // ƒEƒBƒ“ƒhƒE‰æ–ʔԆiBCD¨BINj

[w:GD5001] = [d16:D1112];    // XÀ•WiBCD¨BINj
  [w:GD5002] = [d16:D1113];    // YÀ•WiBCD¨BINj

So do i change the D1112 value to a value that i want the window to be in? EX. D1000? 

Edit Script.PNG

Yes that could work but this script might be used by more buttons on the screen.
you could also just copy the script and define hard values.