Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wendaiyu

Wrong hardware configuration in Studio 5000 Logix Designer?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, folks, how are you?

There is a production line with AB 1756-L72S controller. Point Bus Status of one 1734-AENTR module is flashing red, Module Status and Network Status are flashing green.

What I found is the hardware configuration is incorrect in Studio 5000 Logix Designer.

Plz check attachments for more details.

So can I modify the hardware configuration, then download to the controller? Because the controller is AB 1756-L72S GuardLogix5570 Safety Controller and there are a few safety I/O modules on the line, do we need password or something to complete downloading?

Thanks a lot.

Hardware.JPG

HC.JPG

AB Controller.JPG

Hmmm....The -ARM is an "Address Reserve Module". Any chance you have an "extra" -IB8 to swap in there? You could power off the Point IO chassis, swap in the -IB8, and power it back up.

I've never worked with the GuardLogix line, so I don't know about downloading. I would expect you to be able to do so without issue, but I could be wrong.

Generally the module that has been replaced by a 1734-ARM will be inhibited in the Controller Organizer.

Instead, you have inhibited the entire 1734-AENT Adapter, so none of the modules should have an active connection.

The red POINTBus status LED and the extinguished Network Status LEDs on the ARM and OW4 modules suggests to me that the ARM module has failed or there is another problem on the POINTBus assembly.

Thanks, guys.

What I did today:

1, inhibited slot[3] module, then enabled 1734-AENTR, still the same fault;

2, installed a 1734-IB8 module in slot[3], still the same fault.

3, I found “Chassis Size” was 1, so I changed it to 6. After downloading, every indicator works well except Network Status indicator kept flashing green.

4, since I put a new Ethernet cable on, everything is functional.

Thanks again.

CS.JPG