popololote

SLMP/MC Protocol 3E Frame on FX3

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have been developing a SLMP 3E Frame UDP client for a PC to comunicate with an FX5 and seem to work great. I'm trying to make it compatible with FX3 and, as far as i know, it should be compatible and understand some commands, but i cannot get it to work with any configuration.

I have tried FX3U-ENET-P502 and ENET-ADP, looking at some examples (EthernetFX3QMC_GW2_V100 and EthernetFX3UQMC_V100) but i cannot find the exact setting used in FX Configurator to configure the ethernet modules, i see it GXW2 but cannot load the program if I choose that configuration.

Any ideas? I guess this should be possible...

The FX3U MC protocol isn't 3E but 1A.  The old A series protocol.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

The FX3U MC protocol isn't 3E but 1A.  The old A series protocol.

Thanks for the reply!

Does this mean there is no way I cant communicate with the PLC using 3E?

The example i was quoting uses 3E the opposite way I'm looking for:

5d651486b6356_Annotation2019-08-27132713

It uses the same module I intend to use on the FX3 and it is MC Protocol 3E, and my SLMP communications should be compatible with 3E:

5d65156cbb86e_Annotation2019-08-27133017

I understand this won't work "out of the box", I think it's worth finding a configuration that allows us to communicate in the same way with FX5 and FX3, but is it possible? or I'm wasting my time and should use this library https://github.com/plcpeople/mcprotocol

I understand the confusion but MC protocol for Q is 3E for FX3 1A.
If you have a QnUDV you can use simple PLC comm to exchange data between the PLC's.

It also shows that FX and FX3 use a different protocol. You can also find this in  the e-manual viewer

Simple PLC.jpg

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

Hello,

I am currently trying to use SLMP over UDP with a FX5U unit. The build-in ethernet port seems to work fine when using SLMP over TCP using 3E frames, but doesn't respond or recognize a SLMP/UDP connection. I can confirm the UDP port is actually open, but when I send any message the FX5U plc doesn't respond at all.

I use GX Works3 to program and configure the PLC. Any clue what the issue might be?

I use port 2000 for SLMP/TCP, and I tried 1025, 2001 and 2100 for SLMP/UDP. I am required to add an additional IP Address under the Sensor/Sevice section by GX-Works 3, which I put to the default PLC IP-address 192.168.3.255 of the PLC. This is only required when selecting UDP for SLMP, and not by TCP. What am I doing wrong here?

Edited by MCPPLC
Added more details about the PLC configuration

The Sensor device IP adress should be the ip adress from the device that is sending the SLMP 

So, I cannot connect 3E (4E) Frame protocol device to FX3G through ENET module?