YJLinkFixer

Help Installing GX Developer on Windows 10

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,  I'm new to this site and kind of new to PLC programming.

I have been forced to upgrade to windows 10 and I can not get GX Developer to install.  The application begins to install then it just stops for no reason.

I have uploaded the latest version from the Mitsubishi web site. (Version 8.503Z) 

I watched a video that said you have to install ENVMEL and obviously I tried.  It did install but still same results

I also read thru the Tech Doc FA-A-0207 referencing windows 10 install but nothing in it about the software not installing

Thanks

Brian

Hi YJLinkFixer,

I had trouble installing some older Mitsubishi software a little while ago and it was resolved by starting Windows 10 in safe mode (Google for instructions) and installing.

Let me know if that does the trick.

Forced?

Then whoever forced you needs telling that you can't run legacy software on an operating system that was built years after GX Dev (although I think it will)

I think I got the most recent version of 'Melsoft environment' and GX installed ok - but I don't use Windows 10 for any plc software. 

As a footnote and not much to do with this topic; I was heckled by some tech savvy machine operators the other day.

I had to get in a Toshiba plc on their 30 year old machine. I booted up my old laptop with the Toshiba software on and the Windows XP logo came up.

These know-alls were straight on me 'Windows XP???? You do know there is windows 7 and 10 now don't you'

'Oh look, his laptop has a floppy disk slot'

'Bet he's only just updated from windows 98'

Great hilarity that this old geezer was still using a steam driven computer.

I made out that I had no clue things has moved on and tried looking impressed and amazed.

They were very happy they had passed on vital knowledge to me.

Machine mended - off I went 

Edited by Ron_S
:P

I'm sorry about your luck, that's some really primitive software.

Why not use a virtual machine with Windows XP for your legacy Mits PLC software?

I recently worked on a small project that use Mits GX Works 2, someone else already had a Windows 7 VM so I started with it. I made the mistake of updating Windows and then GX Works would not even start.

Wonderful story.. LOL

The company I work for has had several attacks on their data and has spent a lot of money to ensure it does not happen again.  So yes I was forced to upgrade. That was not the worst part they wiped the entire hard drive so I have to reinstall all software.

I have checked with Mits to confirm the version I have is compatible with Win10 so I'm sure its some kind of virus scan or something like a .NET software that needs installing.  I've installed GX Works and GTWin with no problem its just the GX Developer that's giving me problems.  Its not super important that I install it since all my PLCs work with GXwork2.  I just did not want to spend all that time converting my programs over.  We are talking about 5 or 6 hundred programs.

I will try to get the IT department to let me boot up in safe mode and try installing that way.  I'll keep you posted if it works.

Brian

Civet

It took a act of congress but they finally put my PC in safe mode and it installed.

Thanks so much

Brian

You can install gxwork2 new version is include gx developer 

Triee,

I did not have any problems installing GXWorks2 the problem was installing GX Developer from the same CD.  I did go to Mitsubishi web site and download the newest version with no luck either.  The only time it installed was when I put windows 10 in safe mode after that it installed no problem.