ahmed farrag

firmware for compactlogix 1769-l32e version 17.004

16 posts in this topic

hello guys>>

i have cpu compactlogix 1769-l32e  and

i have a program on my flash memory with extension p5k with version 17.004 (17.4) but this version became out of date
i tried to find it at Rockwell Automation site but unfortunately they told me that "this version became obsolete" , so if any one has this version "17.004" on his device , please send me it . because this topic is urgent in my career.

66093102_332317547685841_7428864198697811968_n(1).jpg

first thank u for your reply
but this version 17.004 not exist at rockwell web site
it became out of date

Do you need RSLogix 5000 or the firmware update file for the PLC? If you need RSLogix 5000, just download the latest minor revision of v17, which is 17.01.02 as far as I can see here. As far as I know, v17 was not sensitive to minor revision differences (unlike v20...).

Posted (edited)

You need to do as Garry has instructed.  When you do, there will be a selection for either A or B Series, you need to select A.  Then you will be able to find your version of firmware.  The 17.004 should work.

Edited by pcmccartney1

pcmccartney1

the version 17.004 doesn't exist at the web site it became obsolete i tried to download all firmware version but prolem still exist
so i need only 17.004 version

I hope for the last time, upgrade the PLCs firmware to a level above the CP Flash Card and you should be fine.

pcmccartney1

my problem is i have the ladder program in cf card but with extension p5k  with version 17.4

and my cpu doesn't able to load program from cf card
and the error message is "cpu firmare doesn't match with cf card program fireware"

so the only solution is to install this firmware 17.004 to my cpu (with major and minor verion )

when i tried to install any version above or below 17.004 the problem still apppear.

Posted (edited)

Ok experts, I don't know what a pk5 is.  Anyway to import it back into RSLogix5000 or Studio?  Possibly upgrade or downgrade the firmware and put it back on a CF Card to download to the PLC?

Nevermind, the p5k is an internal format only.  It must be downloaded to the controller and then uploaded to RSLogix5000 and saved as an ACD.

About the only recourse I can think of is to contact either Rockwell or your distributor and get a copy of the specific firmware.  No one here is allowed to give you the firmware.

UPDATE

I was able to view a p5k in WordPad (text editor) and find where the firmware version is defined.  Would anybody here recommend modifying the p5k to match some other version of firmware in the PLC to get this thing to load?

Edited by pcmccartney1

pcmccartney1

first i can't extract the ACD file from p5k file
the only solution is that my controller able to read the p5k from the cf card 
but because of mismatch versions of firmware between the project on cf card and the fireware of the controller
the controllerr doesn't able to load the program from cf card
the only solution is to make the controller with same firemware version 17.004 (major and minor must be matched)

i asked rockwell and my local distributer but their replies are ("they deleted  this fireware version from their library ")

1 hour ago, pcmccartney1 said:

I was able to view a p5k in WordPad (text editor) and find where the firmware version is defined.  Would anybody here recommend modifying the p5k to match some other version of firmware in the PLC to get this thing to load?

I've never done it, but I'd say it's worth a shot, especially if the controller is at a newer version than the p5k was originally.

I might reach out to Rockwell or my local distributor before trying it, though. Especially if the program is doing anything "fancy", like motion control or special modules.

Just surprised that the a lower rev of p5k is not loading into a PLC at higher rev.  I might be conflating the ability to load a lower rev of MER into an PV(+) at higher rev.  Maybe it's just not possible.

Surprised that Rockwell isn't at least trying to give you a work-around.  Maybe they could load it to a bench L32E with the 17.004, update the firmware and then send you back the p5k.  I would find it hard to believe that they don't have a copy of the 17.004 somewhere in their archive.

Posted (edited)

We can't do it, you need to get Rockwell to do it.

Let's go back to the beginning.  You have an 1769-L32E.  Presumably, it has lost it's program.  You have a CF Card with the p5k, but it won't load due to firmware incompatibility.

Your choices are:

1.  Get a copy of the firmware upgrade utility that matches 17.004 and upgrade the firmware of your PLC, then hopefully the CF Card will load the program.  No one on this website is going to give you that firmware.

2. Send your CF Card and/or it's contents Rockwell and hope that they can duplicate your hardware setup and can load their archive version of the 17.004 firmware and then load the program into the PLC, such that they can then upload it via RSlogix5000 to create the ACD and send back to you.

3. CAUTION - there is a slim possibility that you could edit the p5k to match the current firmware version and then try to load.  We caution you because, while in theory it could work, none of us has ever tried this.

Edited by pcmccartney1

If Rockwell and your local distributor can't/won't help you with option 1...

...Rockwell may charge you a lot for option 2, especially if you don't have a support contract with them. I can't help you with option 2 (even if you emailed me an image of the CF card) because I don't have an -L32E at v17.004. I know we have an old, out-of-service PLC from that family, but it's at v13.

Option 3 *MAY* be possible, but the fact that your photo shows a DeviceNET module makes me very cautious. If you try that, you're on your own. Be sure to make GOOD backups of the CF card image before you do anything.

If you fully explained the issue and your end goal, I would be really surprised if Rockwell and/or your local distributor can't/won't help you with this. We have a very good local distributor who has gone above and beyond to help us with some really weird issues over the years.