Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikael95

new in plc:s

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

im trying to learn plc programming and making a reptile tank climate control as a hobby project.

i am looking into a FX1N-24MR.

so what i want to do is one warmer zone that will be controled with a temp (pt100 maybe) and this temperature will be hold untill 22:00 and then start again at 06:00.

there is some more functions to add but my main problem is a sequence that i want to be turned on once an hour for 1 second if a humidity sensor not giving to high humitidy. this will open a magnetic valve (or just energize the coil i mean) to let som water from a tank out and evaporate. and this should continue i a constant loop untill i manually shut it off again.

so my question is, is this possible with the plc model and can i make multiple sequenses that run at the same time but are completely independent from each other? like the temp control and the humidity?

// Mikael

It's quite possible with that plc but you will need an extra add on unit.

An analogue to digital converter.

If I get you right first of all is the humidity sensor analogue if so you will need a card for the sensor i.e. 4-20ma & a second card for the PT100

however if you use a PT100 to 4-20ma converter you only need one card either a 2 or 4 way analogue card. Depending on the cards you use you will need to scale the values into meaningful values i.e. 0-100 Deg C & 0-100% humidity (Note: THe PT100 Card is scaled at 0.1 Degree unless set within the program. The plc does have a real time clock that will be set to your PC current time when you download the PLC Parameters these Start at D8013 registers You can compare the temp/humidity with set values & turn on what you need based on set times/parameters.