Realwa

Ethernet IP

7 posts in this topic

I went to a site that has 2 micrologics 1100 on a network. ip addresses ending 100 and 101. RS links detects both nodes. I was able to go online with 101 through ethernet IP. i had no sucess with 100. i could get acess with serial port. all com settings for ch1 are identical for both plc,s except ip address of course. The plc,s are communicating to each other using the msg instruction and this is working properply. I was able to do all required tasks over the serial port was wondering if the msg instruction takes over the port, but i could get coms to plc2 any ideas.

WIthin RSLinx, I think you can right click on each ML110 and check all the Ethernet port settings including subnet masking and default gateway.  Might be an issue there.

You could post both programs and someone will take a look.

Edited by pcmccartney1

It's vaguely possible that the program could have an excessive about of MSG blocks taking up all the supported connections try putting it in program mode and power cycling.

Mel makes a good point.  There is a limitation on the number of MSG that can be executed, especially in the ML series.  Care must be taken that no two MSGs are triggered at the same time or scan of the ladder.  Usually, this involves setting up a indexer or counter that increments (usually on a timer done bit) to trigger each MSG individually and no more often than the scan rate of the entire program.  Additionally, care must be taken in MLs and SLCs to include a service interrupt to break the PLC scan and allow for external communications to other devices such as other PLCs or HMIs.

There also limitation on the active number of ethernet connections (E/IP or PCCC) to/from the ML, be sure not to exceed that number.

Edited by pcmccartney1

It was really bad with the  net-eni's that could only handle 6 connections.

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, NevergoldMel said:

It was really bad with the  net-eni's that could only handle 6 connections.

I love the net-eni's, said nobody that ever put a Micrologix on a half dozen platforms in the GOM and expected a Freewave radio to maintain a good link in the fog at max range. Someone before me installed them and someone after me replaced them all with Micrologix with ethernet ports :)

Freewave bawahahahaha

Their claim to 60 mile ranges make me think they are owned by flat earthers.

1 person likes this