karphi

CP1L-EM RS485 Problem

7 posts in this topic

I am struggling to communicate to a Peperl Fuchs vision position sensor via RS 485. We have had it all working via the setup software so i know it works, but i am not sure how to talk to it as I have not done this before. According to Omron engineers the CIF11 is setup right, I have been using the RXD Command but not sure about the start & end codes or where to put them.

I have attached a doc of what the start & stop codes look like

Can any body give me an example of what my code should look like?

tdoct5910a_eng.pdf?v=%0A%20%20%20%20%20%https://files.pepperl-fuchs.com/webcat/navi/productInfo/doct/tdoct5910a_eng.pdf?

Data Structure.JPG

P & F Structure.png

Vision sensor.cxp

Which port are you using?  1 or 2 on the PLC?  In your settings, you should have 8, 1, E according to the default parameters of the sensor.  I cannot tell what the end code is from this document, perhaps I am missing it.  It looks like you scan a code to set the end code.  I see that you have an end code of 77, which is "w", not a standard end code by any means.

Hi, Im using port 1, I was playing around with setting, have changed back to default. Apparently we need to send an start and stop code to get data, the scan on unit  is to set up the comms etc not for start/stop codes

I was using the code below as start/stop (0000000010001000) hex 88 for Start and (111111101110111) hex 77 for Stop looking at the code below

Capture.JPG.a03456c0fe3fd2bb8a5bcbaa8712

You need to configure the start and stop codes in the sensor and then you can use them in the serial communications.  Since the sensor uses scanned 2D codes to configure the start and stop codes, I would be surprised if 77 and 88 were options.  I guess that I could be wrong, but those are very strange start and stop codes for serial communications.  

I took a brief look at the P&F manual. It appears there is no Start or Stop codes. It's just a 2 byte command where the second byte is an inversion of the first byte. Possibly a pseudo 'Check Sum'.

I would attack this problem first by getting a terminal program like Realterm. This way you can learn what commands and responses to expect from the P&F. Once you know this, we can easily help you set up the Omron communications.

@IO_Rack I agree with your approach, but doesn't 6.1.6 detail how to turn on a terminator?  

terminator.jpg.ed14d2b91539ac3fcf51c92c0

Hi, Finally got a reply from P & F.

I connected and tested using instructions below and works fine, just not sure how to set up code in PLC make this work, any ideas

The sensor use's 84 7B and send & receive requests

Steps to establish communication between PXV with Dock Light.pdf

The '6.1.6 detail how to turn on a terminator' in above message is for termination resistor.