Michael Lloyd

Report Button

8 posts in this topic

Is there a report button that will let the moderators know a moron has splattered his hacking nonsense on the site? There have been a lot of posts that don't make sense on the site lately. If we can help get rid of them please let us know how.

There's a link at the top of the post, next to the post date/time. It's grayed out until you hover on the post. I've reported some of them, but they keep posting them.

ReportPost_Circled.PNG

2 people like this

scammers can automate creation of garbage accounts/posts. we however have to manually block them one post or account at a time.  there need to be a better mechanism to control this invasion.

1 person likes this

I feel your pain!  I know from my website that it is a constant battle.  You already have the captcha for new account protection.  I would suggest contacting the creator of the forum software to see if they have any solutions available.  This kind of persistent hacking could really damage the forum and you guys have a great thing going here. 

Thanks Joe E. I was looking all over for that this morning to report the latest garbage.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:10 AM, Joe E. said:

There's a link at the top of the post, next to the post date/time. It's grayed out until you hover on the post. I've reported some of them, but they keep posting them.

ReportPost_Circled.PNG

Well at least it wasn't in plain site or anything. Thanks for pointing that out. I used it this morning

Edited by Michael Lloyd

Hoping y'all find a solution soon!!!

Seriously it is getting bad.  This could be the death of a forum and I hate to see it.  Are links on the forum setup as no follow?  This should cut down on spammers as there is no search engine benefit.