necat

RsLogix 5000 Compare Tool ; Object reference not set to an instance of an object,Project XML file is not formatted properly.

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a problem about this, I am always taking the same message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Additional info: Project XML file is not formatted properly." Do you have any information about this problem? I tried too much option but always coming to the same message. Can you help me, please?

2019-07-31_135228.jpg

Edited by necat

Hi necat.

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

From memory- I had this before; and I fixed it by simply upgrading the cmpare tool.

What version are you using? The most recent version is v7.10.00

Regards

Daniel

Compare Tool.jpg

Yes I am using latest version 7.10. I tried all different version but the situation same. I could took result only version 2.4.3.

necat there are other ways to compare. If the compare tool is not working for you - I know there are compare issues with rslogix V24 and up. I wish from time to time that rslogix emulate is fixed for higher revisions.

Other methods to work around:

• save the files as L5K and do a compare with notepad++ - it does a decent job 
  • print the two files out as a pdf (generate a report) and do a diffpdf (available on portable apps) --> it shows visually what code differences are there.

Hope this helps as well.