Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asaddoris

Serial module with a barcode scanner

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone,

I had seen a couple of threads concerning a serial module from Mitsubishi but still wasn't able to get the answers I needed, so I am no longer a lurker but a member.

I have a Q06 PLC and QJ71C24N-R2 serial module, I am using a Sick IDM 260-100H scanner.

The serial module has never been installed and currently the scanner is being interfaced with the GOT2000, but I am limited on what I can do there, so I bought the serial module in hopes of having more possibilities using it. 

So my goal would be to scan different bar codes such as a DM and 2D line bar code and have that data input into a register, from there I will be able to write the code of logic to manipulate that data the way I want. The problem is I have a couple issues. 

First when I scan the DM code, it inputs into the device register that I assigned in the auto refresh tab for that device, but not the entire code, I would assume this is just an issue with the allotted address assigned. Problem with that is I haven't been able to figure out how to extend this to reflect the entire string. 

The other issue I have is when I scan the 2D line bar code I get nothing. I am not 100% sure if this is due to the scanner and it possibly programmed for only DM's but I have replaced this scanner before and I just plugged it in and it started doing what the broken one had done, so I don't think this is the issue, but I will not rule it out. 

I have attached a couple screen shots of the switch setting and the auto refresh screen, but that is all that I had changed to the module parameters to get where I am at. Any information will be useful and appreciated. 

Network Module_1.PNG

Network Module_2.PNG