Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mws167

I/o Not responding AB 1769

2 posts in this topic

Hello I have a problem with an Allen- Bradley 1769 Compactlogix plc. On July 4th a lightning strike occurred and damaged an analog card on the plc rack. Upon replacing the card my I/O not responding light is blinking. It was blinking before I replaced the card as well, but I assumed that was because one of my cards was bad. I have checked all the connections and replaced the power supply along with the right end cap. Still no go. The error on the module is 16#0110 Connection Request Error: Module Not Configured. I have reloaded the program several times with no luck. I cannot see the cards on my rslinx tree as well. I am using an L32E processor version 19.1. This unit has been in service for over 5 years.

Edited by mws167
Pictures did not show

You already mentioned what happened... a lightning strike... You already replaced the power supply and the right end cap. Start with replacing with the processor as well.

The processor comm channel might have been damaged since you mention that you cannot see the rslinx io tree. Work your way through each card and check for physical damage (smell test and black burn marks on the boards are a pretty good indication)