Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dgwill

Editing programs

3 posts in this topic

I am using GX Dev. FX (ver. 5.0). I am trying to delete a line in the program. I have made a copy of the original and given it a rev no. and deleted the appropriate part of the ladder. When I come to convert it, the program assumes that I am connected to the PLC, although I am off-line. Needless to say it returns an error message that there is no communication with the PLC. Can someone advise as to where I am going wrong in not being able to convert a program off-line. Appreciate your advise, thanks.

To edit what you are trying to do view the programme in instuction list. Delete the line you wish to delete and then save the edited programme. No need to convert the programme. Rodney

dgwill, The problem that you are experiencing is a common one, it comes about usually when you save the program whilst you are still connected to the PLC. Thus the software assumes you have a connection even when not, thus when you try and convert, it will try to start comms to the "now disconnected" plc. To resolve this, go to "tools" and "options" select the "after conversion writing behavior" select "dont write to PLC" convert as normal