jrsiscool

PLC-5 BTR setup screen for manalog input module

3 posts in this topic

HI I'm using PlC5/20 when I click on setup screen on the BTR block (to view the analog input configuration) i find the following message: No modules exist in the IOconfiguration for this R/G/M however the analog input signals is running properly....i just want enter the setup screen for configuration. I'm assuming that I need to enter I/O module in the I/O configuration? Can I do this without taking PLC to Program mode?

You are on the right track. Way back when... there wasn't any setup screens. You read the manual, and typed in the configuration to various words of the Block Transfer. Later, Rockwell made the software nicer and added the software setup screens, and gave you the ability to add the ladder logic. So..if you have an older application that was written before the software enhancements, good chance the hardware  configuration was never setup.  

I have never did one on the fly, but I think you should be able to do it. Just make sure you enter in the information exactly like it is listed in the Block Transfer.

Go into the I/O Configuration section and map in the existing I/O module(s). Be sure to identify the exact Rack, Group, and Slot number that the

module is using and be sure to use the correct Control (Usually an 'N' file or 'BT' file address) and Data (Usually an "N' file though some newer analog cards allowed 'F' (floating point) file addresses) in the configuration. Once that is done, the Setup Screen should be available. Remember to identify the Control/Address files for both BTW/BTR for analog input modules and at least the BTW for analog output modules.