Dr.Merle

Lamp Bit and Buzzer

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I am programming an Lamp Bit to NS 15 paired with a CP1L-EM40DR-D PLC. When the Lamp Bit activated I would like a Buzzer to sound. Can you help me how to do this. I have changed the settings in the PT to Buzzer on. I read in the help that bit SB13 turns 0.5 seconds Buzzer on, but cant find how to activate the buzzer from CP1L. If you have a video, or step by step procedure, it would be helpful.

I found similar post http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/22984-creating-buzzer-to-signal-alarm/#comment-110916

but without a screenshot it's difficult to understand.

Thank you.

In CX-Designer go to PT->System Settings ->Initial.

Assign "$SB Allocation Address" to the PLC memory area you wish to use.

Then select "System Memory List".

In order for communication to work you must enable the check box.

System Memory.JPG

System Memory List.JPG

Thank you for the help.

On the first screenshot you suggested to chose option serialA, but I don't have this option. I think, because cp1l and NS15 are connected trough the network. In my case,

cp1l:wr00010.06 in work area of CP1l changes the status of Lamp bit in NS15. And I need to turn On and OFF buzzer $SB12 accordingly.

Would you show me, please this specific example.

Then you need to change your communications setup in CX-Designer by adding a HOST to the ethernet option and then point the NS memory to the desired location in the PLC.

Create Host.JPG

Allocation.JPG

What was not stated in the example above (Basics box checked and $SB area allocated to D0) is that you would then turn on D0.12 (when turning on W10.06) in the PLC ladder in order to turn on the continuous buzzer.

The CP1L series PLC's do NOT support bit level addressing of D registers. [Only available in CJ2M series]

So change the allocation addresses to W memory.

Turning on W0.12 in the PLC will turn on the continuous buzzer on the NS15 HMI.Allocation.thumb.JPG.fc08d9a5d599efb11d3

3 hours ago, BITS N BYTES said:

The CP1L series PLC's do NOT support bit level addressing of D registers. [Only available in CJ2M series]

So change the allocation addresses to W memory.

Turning on W0.12 in the PLC will turn on the continuous buzzer on the NS15 HMI.

Good point ... I did not look closely at the processor.  

Yes sir! I did this and it works! You guys are just grate! You are the expert! I asked 3 days ago the same question Omron technical support, they didn't know the answer and promised to replay next day. So far, there is no response at all. Shame on it.

I have just uncertainty if it works well in my configuration. I have two terminal NS15 connected to the PLC CP1L. Both terminal running absolutely the same program. I made the same configuration ( the same allocation addresses to W memory on both terminals). So far it works well. I just doubt if it is correct, because two terminals pointed to the same memory location in the PLC. Could it bring a problem?

Thank you.

I suspect your test uses momentary conditions.  That's why it works on both units.  If for some reason you need to continually activate a bit in the CP1L in one NS, there may be a conflict with the other NS trying to turn it off.  Please check this condition and report back.

In my case NS is a follower, it just reflects the status of W memory in the CP1L. I mean they both only show at the same time the status of CP1L. If I understand you well, in case CP1l maintain continuously the bit, it could lead to a problem?

Thank you.

If your NS application is a read only type application, you should be OK.