Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
craig.franks@ntlworld.com

COM 1 Problem

2 posts in this topic

Hi there folk's i recently put XP PRO on our laptop at work to run medoc and developer from it but when i came to transfer the program either from plc-medoc or medoc-plc an error came up saying COM 1 was not working so i put win 98 se back on and that solved the problem can anyone tell me why or how this is,is it that XP is not compatable with the developer or is it more of a driver problem . please can anyone help thanks Craig.

There was a post in Nov 2003, which explained: MEDOC DOS works in almost any DOS environment, real or emulated. However, to communicate with the A-series via the CPU-port under NT/2K/XP, you may need to add command line option Fn (e.g. "MEDOC F10"). The value "n" introduces a delay and may be tweaked up or down for best results depending on computer speed and acceptable delays. This is a workaround for the NTVDM (which MEDOC DOS runs under) being unable to carry out precise UART control from DOS-applications. This in turn is required for the A-series CPU-protocol to work properly. I can confirm that this does work as I use medoc with XP!