vijayvpv

How to store that float value in any of the registers in FX-3G plc

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,
              I am working with FX-3G PLC and it is communicating with a Weintek HMI. I am feeding a data in HMI in float format through a D register. But it is showing some other value in PLC. I don't know what is needed to done to extract the same float value into FX3G plc. So the basic question is how to store that float value in any of the registers in FX-3G plc? Requesting your support please.

It depend how you look at the data register.  A dataregister is just a 16 bits device.
Depending how you look at it it can show you a hexedicimal number of decimal number the content however is the same

For instance 0000.0000.000.1111 = 15 decimal  but 10 in Hex

A real number uses 2 word devices. So your programming software look at the Devices in real mode. 

When you are working with real values use Real number processing instructions EMOV EDIV etc.

@vijayvpv For monitor float value in FX3G you should use Device batch to monitor value , How to monitor is depand on which software do you use.

For GX Developer go to Online -> Monitor -> Device Batch then select device and choose Real number (single precision)

FX3G_Float_Monitor_01.thumb.jpg.c46541dd

For GX Works2 go to Online -> Monitor -> Device/Buffer Memory Batch then select device and choose [32 1.23]

FX3G_Float_Monitor_02.thumb.jpg.91f22db1

Thanks Gambit & Wasan for your valuable replies!!

I have defined D520 as 32-bit float type in Weintek HMI (please see the images attached). And we have to define that D520 will be in 32-bit float in the PLC setup also right? But this kind of definition is not done in PLC setup. Can you please give some inputs on how to do that?

1.PNG

2.PNG

You don't define anything on the PLC side, any register can be used any way.  If you write D520 as float, it will use D520 and D521.

Make sure any commands in the PLC that use that number are the floating point commands, prefixed with E, as Gambit already said.

Yeah, got it Crossbow..!! Thank you.. Thank you all..👍

Edited by vijayvpv
Spelling mistake