Convoy

PLC Program Pulled from Chinese Machine Comments showing Symbols

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

Was extracting PLC program from a Chinese machine and the comments was shown incorrectly as symbols instead of Chinese characters. The Laptop used does support Chinese Language so why does the PLC program pulled from the machine does not show the comments correctly?

My first guess is that CX-One is installed in a language other than Chinese, and doesn't understand the dual-byte foreign characters, so instead shows 2 single byte characters.  Used to run into that a lot on older software.

Well, I am normally using English to do any programming; so the software is in English. Is there no way to add support language to the software to solve this problem?

I've done this before with Japanese characters in Excel. As Crossbow mentioned, you only have one language installed in CX Programmer. You can export the garbled characters then open in Excel with both languages installed.

How do I export the garbled Characters?

Also, how to install more than one language in CX Programmer?

@Convoy Maybe you should install CX-One in another computer or virtual machine such as VMWare then open project on that.

How do I edit the CMT and SYM file? Want to try to see if I edit from there to see the Chinese characters

Just do a copy & paste from the Symbol Table to Excel. This will work if you have both languages installed on your Windows machine. You may have to format the text to get the translator to understand.

CX_Translate.thumb.PNG.a4e57a06b6b848f48

Edited by IO_Rack
1 person likes this