Maicom

OMRON VS FACTORYTALK

8 posts in this topic

Hello !!!

I am trying to establish a communication between a CJ1M (Omron) CPU with a PanelView Plus 7 (Rockwell).
In the simulation (runtime) the communication is established, and the buttons send and receive the information.
When I download to the HMI, the "SHORTCUTS NOT DETECTED" alarm appears.

Someone to help me?

I would suggest that you post this in the AB forum.  The PLC is only responding to commands that it receives from the HMI.  This seems to be an issue with the PanelView.

I'm only guessing on the subject.  Never tried to use a PV (of any type) with anything other than a Rockwell PLC.

The PV+7 is programmed using the Factory Talk View Studio Machine Edition software.  Within the FTV project, you need to define the communications path and structure with a Device Shortcut.  It is the communication driver that enables the PV+7 to talk to Allen-Bradley PLCs.  On the lower left of the Project Explorer, you will find FactoryTalk Linx (rebranding of RSLinx Enterprise), with a Communication Setup.  Double click on Communications Setup calls the dialog for configuring the Device Shortcut(s).

In the left hand window, you will need to add a Device Shortcut, maybe you call it PLC.  In the right hand window, there are two tabs, the Design (Local) and Runtime (Target).  Starting on the Design tab, you'll need to have an ethernet Driver, default name is acceptable.  As a child of the ethernet driver you'll need to add the CJ1M (more likely CJ1W-EIP21) module with it's IP address.  If you are in the same subnet as the CJ1M (or CJ1W-EIP21, it might auto-populate and show the entire rack including the PLC.  You will probably need to highlight the CPU.  Looking back in the left pane, you should see the Device Shortcut "Apply" button is no longer greyed out, press it.  Then you'll need to use the "Copy from Design to Runtime" button.  At this point you will need to create the runtime file (MER) and download it to the PV+7.  After reboot, it might communicate to the CJ1M.

As for how to add the CJ1M, I'm guessing that you might be able to see the CJ1M (or CJ1W-EIP21) within RSLinx Classic and might be able to upload and register the EDS from the device.  I think you'll have to use Omron's network configurator to setup the EIP21 and it's EDS file first.

There used to be a third-party software on PVs, I think it was Kepware, that could be configured to talk through the serial port to other devices, not sure it will help.  No idea if it can be used to configure the ethernet port.

A quick search on Rockwell's website shows KepServerEnterprise 9.00 has support for Omron FINS Ethernet, maybe worth a shot.

Edited by pcmccartney1

In RSlinx the omron PLC does not appear. How do I add it?

You probably don't I'd suggest a OPC server.

I am using KEPSERVE. In my notebook simulation the data exchange between the equipmente happens. When I download the app HMI does not exchange data with the Omron CPU.

YOu have to load the kepware to the hmi, it's part of a firmware upgrade

When I updates the firm, it adds all third-party drivers.

Is there anither procedure?