Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pavilion

How To Calculate the Day of The Year

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am looking for CODE "calculate the day of the year". I want to count number of day... I want to know how may day from Jan 1, to Dec 31.... Please help...

Do you need to know the current day of the year, eg a number between 1 and 366 or do you want to know how many days in a year, eg 365 or 366.

Since you didn't specify a specific AD PLC I won't give actual code. But I assume you at least have a real time clock which gives at least 'year (00-99)', 'month (1 - 12)' and 'day of month (1 - ??) Set up a table of 11 entries with the days in a month (show February as 28). You don't need an entry for December. 'Day of Year' = 0 If Month > 1 then For X = 1 to (Month - 1) 'Day Of Year' = 'Day Of Year' + table[X] Next X End If 'Day Of Year' = 'Day Of Year" + 'Day Of Month' If MOD(Year /4) = 0 AND Month > 2 then 'Day Of Year' = 'Day Of Year' + 1 End If Now - translate that into code of your target PLC. Since the Leap Year test works from 1901 through 2099 if figured that it is detailed enough. Edited by b_carlton